Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
looking for something?
where to find us

  

Get Us in Your Inbox

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Our Sponsors Speak
Come Tweet with Us!
Like Us on Facebook!
Our Sponsors Speak Again
what we're up to

bloglovin

BlogWithIntegrity.com

Entries in Design Within Reach (3)

Wednesday
Nov212012

Our Holiday Wish List

It’s the most wonderful time of the year. As another year comes to an end and as we watch children enthusiastically make their wish lists, well it’s only fitting we do the exact same thing. Granted it’s on a much larger scale (we can buy 20 dolls for the cost of one armchair) but do you know one adult that doesn’t openly covet items from their Pinterest boards? We didn’t think so.

Without further ado, here are our top home items we would love to find wrapped up under our tree this year.

 


1.
Natchez Crepe Myrtle from my local garden center, The Farm at Green Village for my front yard who lost a tree and now desperately needs one from my hometown.
2.
Fruit watercolor paintings set by Lucille’s Kitchen on Etsy for my dining room’s blank walls.
3.
Three-piece café folding table and chair set from Ballard Design because my front porch is screaming for some new furniture and this reminds me of New Orleans. 
4. Florence de Dampierre "Breena" Pompadour Armchair from Neiman Marcus is a perfect accent piece for my living room.
5.
Martin Chandelier in Gunmetal/Glazed Silver Leaf by Julie Neill Designs. Look familiar???
6. Starlit Trees from Restoration Hardware because I’m allergic to real Christmas trees and these are just my style.
7. Chinese Art Deco rug from Rahmanan for the girl’s room. 

 

 

 

1. The newly released Miele CM5200 coffee system is a thing of beauty. Oh, and it makes a mean cup of coffee, too. Even in my counter space-challenged kitchen, I'd make space for this little gem.
2. If I had my way, I'd play my music all around the house all day long - and control it all with a wireless Sonos
system.
3. Our fireplace has already put in plenty of hours this year. (Thank you, hurricane Sandy!) It deserves to be decorated in style with this riveted fireplace screen from Restoration Hardware.
4. The hunt for the perfect console table has been long and arduous but the search is over now that I've found the Preston from Jonathan Adler.
5. Imagine this Alec Soth photograph HUGE and immaculately printed. Then imagine it on my walls. Oh yeah.
6.
I'm hoping to find this Eames® unit from DWR under the tree to replace our currently half-functioning media cabinet.
7. I've been ambivalent about some of our lighting and would love to replace one with this
Anemone flushmount by Jonathan Adler.

 

 

A dream is a wish your heart makes,
When you’re fast asleep,
In dreams you will loose your heartaches,
Whatever you wish for you keep...


May all your wishes come true, in your dreams or reality.

Monday
Mar192012

A Space of My Own: The Home Office

Still trying to get a handle on the clutter in the house, I recently noticed that all my work-related things lacked a formal home. A little here, a little there. I knew where everything was (e.g., "third stack on the dining room table from the left") but that didn't mean it appeared orderly or neat. So in an effort to carve out a space of my own, I decided to claim the den as my office. It's not solely mine. On the 20% chance we have guests staying with us, this room will serve as a guest bedroom. But for the other 80%, it's all mine.

My newly claimed desk in its earliest incarnation.

Click to read more ...

Friday
Jan282011

Friday Favorites: Jean Marie's Artichoke Lamp

It’s time again for our weekly column on Here in This House: Friday Favorites. Every Friday we profile a design-savvy person who shares with us their favorite item or room in their home. This week we are pleased as punch to have the lovely and stylish Jean Marie share with us her favorite item in her house, Poul Henningsen's Artichoke Lamp
Jean Marie in front of her Artichoke Lamp

 
Tell us about the Artichoke Lamp.
We really liked it from the moment we saw it. I guess it really jump started the design of the entire house and where we were going with our interior design. One of our friends Karim el Barbari, who is also one of our designers, told us that basically we’re too traditional. He said that we’re young parents and we have to think more modern and be more open minded to design. So we had no idea about the Artichoke Lamp at the time and in passing we overheard another friend of ours, Karen Bow (also a designer), and he saying, “Wouldn’t it look great to have the Artichoke Lamp right here in this space?” My husband and I asked, “What is this Artichoke Lamp?” We had to go check it out and so we went in person to see it at Design Within Reach in NYC. We knew instantly, both of us, that it would be such an iconic piece, that’s timeless and unique, for the space we wanted to put it in (over the front hall staircase). It’s like that space was made for it.

Click to read more ...